Jul 27, 2015

Every Single Day Is Special



I think some days I get lost in wondering what special thing I am going to do, or what adventure I want to partake in. Sharing your life on the internet, in any respect is challenging. You struggle with wanting to be "normal", while also wanting to make your life seem interesting, and fun. We all have fun lives to some degree, but not every day can be this crazy adventure. Some days are meant for relaxing, or catching up on housework, or even spending time with your loved ones. These days are just as special, if not more special that the ones where you plan everything out.

I have found that having an online presence can sometimes lead you to wonder if the grass is truly greener on the other side. Is my life as important or as fun as "so and so?" And truly, at the end of each day, that's not what matters. What matters is what you're doing, if you're happy doing it, and who you choose to spend your time with. The rest of the fluff is just details; it's not the main part.

I find myself, as of late, trying to appreciate the little things in life. Lots of busy days in a row can do that to you. It puts everything into perspective.  I am doing what makes me happy, and being happy in those moments, whether they are big or small. In other words, I feel like a new "me" is evolving in this process, and I am happy and excited for this person to emerge.

I stumbled across this quote the other day, and it was just absolutely perfect. 

“For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don’t enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are that you’re not going to be very happy. If someone bases his happiness or unhappiness on major events like a great new job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, that person isn’t going to be happy much of the time. If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness.”



Details: Off The Shoulder Top (sold out-similar in crochet) // Steve Madden Sandals (on sale!) // Marc Jacobs Watch // Hat // Distressed Jeans (similar)  Rings are all vintage



3 comments:

  1. We must enjoy the simple things in life as well! Life can't always be a party or full of adventures! I think we need simple days to prepare ourselves for the big events/trips in life.

    Kisses from Transilvania!
    ChocolateFashionCoffee
    ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous soul

    www.wonderlandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts