Jul 16, 2015

Big Sur, California



The first day in Monterey was spent exploring Big Sur. It was so unbelievably beautiful, and sadly photos can't really do it justice. We spent most of the day driving up the coast and exploring the area, and it was all so breathtaking and serene. This was my fourth time in California, and every time I fall in love with it all over again.





I have traveled to other countries, and seen so many places, but you sometimes forget that even trips on your own land can be just as exquisite, and interesting. I kept taking deep breaths of the air as we drove up the mountain, because let's face it, nothing is more refreshing than crisp mountain air. 


Although NorCal has its temperature changes daily, I liked being able to explore without feeling too hot most of the day. The weather, as abnormal as it seemed, followed a weird schedule that we eventually got used to. We made our way from the Big Sur Bakery, to the Bixby bridge, with some tiny stops in between. 



It's hard to photograph such a beautiful place because everything in view is so picturesque. I did my best to capture the beauty surrounding us, but as I've been told in the past, one can't simply embrace the beauty of a place without actually setting foot on it first. 

1 comment:

  1. So gorgeous! When we visited California couldn't fit in the Big Sur, but I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist! :) the fog with the sea and the high road are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts