Dec 17, 2014

Celebrating The Holidays With Marshalls



For years and years I have dreamed of decorating my own house for the holidays. I got to do it for the first time last year, but since I had just moved in, everything happened rather quickly and I didn't get to decorate fully. This year I went all out. Our tree looks bigger than last year, I have more ornaments adorning it as well as a new set of chotskies. I love shopping at Marshalls for all my decorating needs because I know they'll have everything for half the price of the department stores. Being a girl on a budget means spending sparingly, and Marshalls allows me to do that without sacrificing my vintage style.





Some friends of mine started telling us about a tradition they have every year, and it made me want to start our own. I found these two beautiful nutcrackers, and I thought to myself that maybe that would be a fun collection. I haven't made a full commitment to that yet, but we'll see what happens next year. This was also the first year I had lights outside, and we also got two light up dachshunds that are absolutely adorable! Ollie is represented to the fullest in this household, even more so during the holidays.


Some of my other favorite pieces are this antique inspired rocking horse & toy plane. I love this collection of home decor from Marshalls as it doubles as Christmas decor but also regular home decor. The colors and distress on them is perfect and reminds me of something straight out of an antique store. Of course our home wouldn't be complete without my favorite snow globe. 

After watching the movie "The Santa Claus" with Tim Allen, I have been obsessed with snow globes. This one is rather unique, and sits high on a black stand. Maybe I should start collecting snow globes instead? Something to think about.

As Christmas approaches I am happy, but also a little bit sad. These decorations fill the house with so much warmth and love, part of me is sad to see them go. This is after all, the most magical time of the year, and the decorations, wrapping paper and lights just add the perfect touch.

Have you decorated your home this year? If so, what's your favorite piece?




1 comment:

share your thoughts