Sep 19, 2014

Dipped Apple Snacks : Perfect For Fall!

Hey guys! Looking for a healthier alternative to caramel apples? I always loved this tradition when I was a kid and now I wanted to create the healthier version that kids and adults can still enjoy! The first snack I came up with is a spin on a caramel apple. 

What you'll need: A Small Apple, Almond Butter, Chia Seeds, Granola (I used love potion, it has dark chocolate and fruit pieces in it), and Sugar Free Sprinkles.

First, melt your almond butter in the microwave. With a knife smoothly spread your almond butter evenly on your apple. Cover with granola, chia seeds and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes until it hardens. 

Next, I wanted to make some healthy snacks that I know my nephews would love! These chocolate covered apple slices are perfect for an on-the-go snack and taste delicious too! 

What you'll need: A Small Apple, Dark Chocolate Morsels, Granola (this time I used coconut & honey flavored granola).

First, cut up your apple pieces. Melt your chocolate morsels in the microwave or stove top and follow the directions on the bag. I melt them 20 seconds at a time, and then I stir together until they're fully melted. Dip your apples into the chocolate, and sprinkle with granola. Throw them in the fridge to harden for 15 minutes and you're ready to go!


Enjoy! Xoxo

2 comments:

share your thoughts