May 30, 2012

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay

Details: Shorts/Shirt/Bandeau: UO . Fedora: F21 . Rings: Vintage & Bueno Bueno . Glasses- RayBan . Sandals: Saltwaters(zappos)

This weekend was a whirlwind of activities, food, and a whole lot of awesome. I can't explain how tired my body feels, but it was worth it. This week will be posts catching up from the past weekend and everything I did in the city with Amy, and Alex(our personal tour guide). I took so many pictures, and even got to do some touristy things that I haven't done in years! It was great being with Amy for her first experience the city. Everything was so new, and fresh for her, and it reminded me that living where I do is a serious blessing. We are so close to the city, and I have grown up with the culture that comes along it, and I am very grateful for that. Seeing someone else appreciate the little things you take for granted every day, makes you stop and realize what you have.

In the few days that Amy was here, we got to see the city, the jersey shore, and some other in betweens. It was nice feeling like I had a life again since I work weekends, and don't really get to spend time with anyone, and of course it was great seeing Amy again, and having 3am girl talks before we went to sleep.

It also felt great having time to sit, and enjoy a cup of coffee. Even having time to go to the park and take these photos was HUGE for me. There is nothing more that I love than a huge weeping willow tree and some park benches. I miss taking long walks, relaxing and not having to wake up for an alarm clock, and just sitting..not rushing from one thing to the other, just taking it all in. It's funny how easily we can lose ourselves in the every day hustle and bustle, but those days off really help me recharge my batteries. Did you guys do anything fun this weekend? I hope you did, and I hope you enjoy the next few posts!


And how cute is this little bunnyman that we caught looking for food in the backyard? Pretty sure he needs to be in my life.


Song reference in title: Otis Redding

22 comments:

  1. So pretty:)
    Mind if we follow each other? Already followed you:)
    http://theinstyler.blogspot.com

    xo,
    Vhing

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post! Love the rabbit! there is a white rabbit from the underworld who looks after some things for me, so maybe this guy is here for some reason too :) have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute outfit! I love those red shoes and your CA shirt rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want your hair. Every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaaaah girl. Had SO much fun, and I am having major withdrawals to the max. Remember how amazing the turtle pond was? I want to live in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the laid back vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a fun, funky look here! Also, that rabbit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock those glaases so hard I actually wish I wore glasses! Loving the giant green ring, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your hair is perfect!! and your skin = flawless. :P
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look ADORABLE. I love this outfit so much. Especially the shoes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that song and love a good pair of saltwaters ... I've had mine for the past four years .. cute and so comfortable. Not to mention I grew up wearing them. Love your posts. Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are absolutely right we take our cities for granted. I love discovering new shots and restaurants here in So. California.
    Love those glasses super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That outfit is so perfect for a summer weekend. Love your rings!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need your tank top! I'm totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE those glasses! Do you know what style # they are? Are they the same ones Keiko Lynn has, do you know? Also, I just bought those shoes in yellow! This was a very inarticulate comment, but I'm excited to continue reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Maria! Thanks for visiting my little blog :)
    I loved your outfits, also your name. Its beautiful!
    Have a lovely week.

    http://coresdeoutubro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great! It sounds like you had such a great time! I know what you mean by willow trees! Now it's my mission to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. maria, i hope you get the rest you need. your photos look like summer. what a magical moment captured with the bunny! i know you told me i won the lulu's gift card giveaway. i wonder when they'll contact me, so i can spend it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the blonde chunky highlight in your hair. I've been thinking of doing something like that on top of my red :)

    also i am sharing a little mini giveaway i'm doing over on my blog, and wanted to share with some of my favorite ladies :)

    http://talesforkarina.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-goodies-from-mab-graves.html

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts