Feb 21, 2016

The Healthy Triple Decker With Oscar Meyer Selects!





Hi everybody! It's been a while since I have shared one of my favorite healthy recipes, so I am happy to be teaming up with Oscar Meyer Selects Natural to bring you a recipe that puts a spin on the classic turkey club triple decker sandwich.

The triple decker is always my go-to when we go to any diners in the area, so being able to make it in my own home- is extremely important to me. It's also important that I use healthy food options that fit into my balanced diet. Oscar Mayer Selects Natural is made with no artificial ingredients, and is minimally processed. Selects Natural has no artificial preservatives (the back side of each package lists the ingredients used to preserve quality), no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no gluten and no by-products.

Choosing quality ingredients is important for me because I like to keep everything in my diet, healthy and nutritious. Since we are making a healthier version of this sandwich, I have subbed out some ingredients that will make this sandwich not only tasty, but also good for you. 

Turkey is one of my favorite lean protein options, and it's extremely low in fat, which I love.I think people assume that cold cuts are all bad, and that's not the case. Oscar Mayer Selects Natural is the perfect choice for anyone looking for quality cold cuts that have no artificial ingredients and delicious taste. I sometimes eat turkey as a snack with a little bit of hummus, it's perfect and filling for any time of the day. 

For this particular recipe,
What you'll need:
-3 Slices of Pumpernickel Bread
(about 2 slices per slice of bread)
-3 Slices of Turkey Bacon
-2 Tablespoons Light Mayo
-Kale Leaves 
-Salt & Pepper to taste 


First you'll want to toast your bread slices. While the bread is toasting you'll want to cook up your turkey bacon, to your desired crispiness. I like mine extra crispy, so I over cooked it for this recipe. The crunchier- the better!

Next add mayo to your bread, and layer your bottom slice with turkey, kale, and turkey bacon. You will do the same for all three layers, and when you're ready, slice them into perfect triangles, and you are ready to go. It's a very simple recipe- with a very sophisticated flavor.

You can learn more about Selects Natural and all the Oscar Mayer products on OscarMayer.com, Facebook at Facebook.com/OscarMayer, Twitter at @OscarMayer and on Tumblr at OscarMayer.Tumblr.com.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts