May 28, 2015

Look The Part




Off the shoulder clothing has a special place in my heart this season. For some reason I have been drawn to any type of shoulder detailing all year. In the winter it was the cut out shoulders, and now it's more off the shoulder, or an angled oversized shirts that slant. Either way- I love it. MDW was so warm & sunny that the shorts came out, and so did my new colorful wedges.

I went through my closet earlier this month, and basically set aside a pile that I would be getting rid of. I have sold most of those items, and the ones that don't sell, have been donated. It's been a nice closet purge, and I have been able to make room for new things- which is always exciting for any blogger. 

My style has evolved in the past few years so I find myself getting rid of a lot of things that were once staples. Over time I find myself sticking to classier pieces that are well made and can be transitioned throughout the seasons. I also find myself being a lot pickier about what I purchase. I give more thought into it and wonder if I will want to be wearing this a year from now, and so on. 

It's been pretty fun to re-organize and re-do my closet. I feel as though sometimes we all get stuck in ruts, where we hate everything we own, or where we just don't feel confident in the clothes we're wearing. I am a big advocate in the "Look good, feel good" motto. If you have on an outfit that makes you look awesome, chances are that will translate in your confidence and mood. 

What types of pieces are you looking for this summer?



Details: Off The Shoulder Top (out of stock) (similar in white-similar in black), Lace Shorts, Wedges via Nordstrom , Hat via Lovely Bird c/o , Rings via UO & Vintage


0 comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts