Jul 8, 2014

Healthy Living Recipes : Cauliflower Pizza


Hey guys! Happy Tuesday. Today I am sharing this super easy and fun pizza recipe, but instead of pizza dough, you're going to be using cauliflower! I know it sounds crazy, but once you taste it, you'll understand why it's so delicious. I used to love eating pizza, and it's definitely one of the things I don't indulge in anymore. This gives me that perfect pizza taste, without worrying about messing up my clean eating!

The recipe is from Paula Deen's food blog, and I changed around some of the ingredients (per usual) to fit my taste a little better. The one thing I would change for next time is getting a proper pizza pan and not using a disposable 10x10 pan. I think that will make a difference in consistency and making the crust a little bit crunchier. I am happy with the final product, and we devoured the whole thing almost instantly! I can't wait to make it again!


How to:

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.

Grate the cauliflower using a grater until you have 2 cups of cauliflower crumbles. This was approximately one small cauliflower for me.

Place in a bowl and microwave for 7-8 minutes, or until soft. Remove and let cool. Mix in the egg (lightly beaten) , mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the pan.

Spray non-stick spray and bake for 10-15 minutes.

Top the finished crust with the sauce, mozzarella, tomatoes, garlic (sliced very small).
Bake in the oven until melted approximately 10 minutes.



4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to try this. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so delish! i've seen other recipes similar, but i think they used a food processor. do you recommend grating over that?
    xo jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit the grater was a little tedious, but it's not too much so I didn't mind doing it. I think the consistency is supposed to stay a little thicker so if you were to use a processor I would only press the button a few times to pulse.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE cauliflower pizza! I made some for my parents a while back, and they loved it. I actually did a premade crust and my cauliflower crust to compare, since they're not healthy eaters whatsoever, and they preferred the cauliflower crust! I also like that this recipe doesn't call for a food processor, as it's hard to find a good recipe that doesn't call for one. :)

    <3 Kelsey // Chaos Parade

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts