Jan 13, 2014

Black Bean Avocado Salad


What you do first: 
Scoop out your avocados and put it inside a big bowl.
Cut up your tomato, cilantro, and open up the can of beans.
Put everything together in a medium bowl, and squeeze the juice of one lime, also salt and pepper to taste.

Scoop back into your avocado shells and put them out for your guests,  or for a snack later! Perfect with chips!



This recipe is super easy, and fun to make! I really love Mexican inspired foods, and salsas and dips are my favorite. Unfortunately I am allergic to avocado so I can't eat this particular salad, but I made it for my family, and they loved it! I used to be a huge avocado lover but sadly, I can only look at this dish! If you love avocado as much as I did, you'll definitely love this one of a kind salad. Plus, it looks super cute in the avocado shell, and could be a great treat for a party!

15 comments:

  1. Allergic to avocado?! I think you're the only person I've ever heard of being allergic to avocado lol, the recipe looks super yummy, I will definitely be trying it out this week (been trying to be on a health kick lately..new years resolution..or something like that)

    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH i know, its extremely depressing. i really wish I wasn't but it just is what it is

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! I have a few family members who are allergic to avocado as well! I couldn't image that since it's one of my favorite foods. I'll have to pin this :)

    xo
    Katelyn
    www.katelynnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm bookmarking this for sure! Looks so fresh and delicious and love how it's served in the hollowed avocado. Thanks for sharing! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious!
    I LOVE avacado and I'm a vegetarian, so am always looking for new yummy things to try. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So mouth watering! Totally going to have to make it! And thanks for the tip via IG. I'll let you know how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yum yum! So sad that you couldn't eat this yourself, but it looks delicious! I'm pescetarian so I'm always looking for healthy new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh this sounds amazing! I'm sorry you can't enjoy this tasty sounding dish!

    XOXO
    Becca || Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing, will definitely be giving this recipe a try as I love avocados and beans. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have two avocados sitting in my fridge and now i know what to do with them!!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like you should open a restaurant! Your food always looks so amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its funny because my father owns a restaurant so i think it runs in my blood :)

      Delete
  11. This looks so yummy! I've been searching for some healthy (and delicious!) snacks!

    xoxo
    Taylor

    www.welcomehometaylor.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing. Also, that seriously sucks that you are allergic to avocado! So not fair!

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts