Nov 18, 2013

Healthy Living Recipes : Strawberry & Banana Crepes


Usually when Sunday night rolls around, I start to think about what recipe I want to make Monday morning. Since I work mostly all day Sunday, I don't have too much time the day before to create these posts, so they are almost always a day of creation. When I visited Paris I fell in love with crepes, and I fell in love with nutella crepes (to be exact). So I started looking up healthier ways to make this treat. I found a few recipes, and tweaked them to make them more unique. Here's what I came up with!
First blend oats in a blender or magic bullet.
Then, add half of a banana,2 egg whites, your sugar in the raw, and almond milk into your mixture with the oats.
Pour your batter into a small-medium sized pan, and remember keep it very thin!
When it bubbles on top, make sure you give it a good flip.
This batter makes approximately 3 crepes.
Fill the inside of your crepe with strawberries, bananas, and anything else you wish!
I topped it off with some low calorie syrup, and honey is also another option. Some other great fillings are Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and other fruits!

3 comments:

  1. this looks so yummy! never knew crepes could be healthy :)

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of adding oats to the batter. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so delicious! I'll have to try this out sometime!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts