Jul 26, 2013

Five Ways To Connect With Other Bloggers

So one of the most common question bloggers get is how to make connections, how to network, and more importantly, how to grow their readership. The funny thing is we all start at the same place. No one begins this journey with 6,000 followers or even 1,000 for that matter. The most important thing I have learned is to be open to new collaborations, and be friendly and outgoing! I decided to make a list of five ways that have personally helped me connect and become more involved in the blog world. Let me know if you have any personal tips of your own, I would love to hear them! 


Attending Conferences: This has been a huge one for me. I can't stress enough how much networking I have done at conferences like TXSC, and IFB. I had a great time at both, and really learned a lot which is the most important part of it. You make new friends, and then you have some newly found information which will hopefully bring you to the next step, if you use it properly. Just like you would learn more at any job, it's the same with blogging. The internet is ever changing and always improving, so you have to be able to keep up with what's going on! These don't have to be big expensive conferences either, a lot of bloggers host things locally, and stores also host blogger nights so look into it, and see what suits you best.


Collaborate With Other Bloggers: This is also so important! I have seen so many bloggers collaborate throughout the few years I have been doing it, and it's always a success. What's better than combining readerships and doing something you love? The great thing about collaborations is that you can bounce ideas off of each other, and possibly learn a thing or two in the process. Here's an example of a collaboration Much Love Illy and I did for Blowfish a few years ago. And here's another set of posts I worked on for a series called "In Bloom." You can really do anything you want, and working together is always fun.

Sponsoring/Reviews: A great way to be noticed is by sponsoring one of your favorite blogs. If you love this person's work, and you are a huge fan of what they do, then why not attract the same kind of readership for your own blog? It's pretty easy, and most bloggers love working with others, so it's a win- win. Again you can find someone who is affordable for you, and someone who you'd love to be promoted by. Bloggers also usually do reviews for products, so if you happen to sell something, they can review it, or wear it and thus increasing clicks over to your blog. Putting in some money isn't a bad thing, especially when you're very serious about your blog/company. There's a reason most companies started working with bloggers, it's because we're great at advertising products and promoting! If you make a few friends, you may even be able to swap buttons with them!


Guest Posts: Guest posts are a great way to get your name out there. A lot of bloggers take trips or vacations, and sometimes they need guest posts to fill up the posts during that time. One recent example I can think of is Tieka from selective potential, who is taking a week off in August and put a call out for anyone to submit their work. I think this is a great idea, and it's awesome to be able to share recipes/outfits/DIY projects with someone's readers. Most bloggers offer guest posts with their sponsorship as well, so if you get an AD spot, make sure you ask if you can provide a guest post for the month! 

Leaving Comments:  This is definitely my favorite one of the bunch. Commenting is so important, and most people just look right past it. It's a great way to bond with other people, and show them that you're taking the time to read what they're putting out there. It's also the perfect chance to get others to take a look at your blog. It's also a great way to keep readers, it's important to keep engaging and stay afloat of what's going on.

Hope you enjoyed my tips! xo Have a good weekend!

23 comments:

  1. Great tips girl! Are you going to TxSc this next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, I'm scared. After reading this post I looked up some blogger conferences in my area and found one close to me. I signed up for my first conference, the Florida Blogger & Social Media Conference. I'm nervous and excited! Thanks for the push.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's amazing , good for you! go and enjoy it, and then the next one you won't be as scared :)

      Delete
  3. These are great tips!. I have to say that the last one has been a definite success for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips. I think I'll be stepping away from the blogosphere soon for some much needed family time, just for a few days, and this weekend I think I'll be sending out emails for possible guest posts for myself! Great ideas and you're right. Commenting gets overlooked a lot, which is sad.

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My blog is fairly new and I am always open to new ideas on increasing my readership. Thanks so much for these ideas. I do the commenting a lot like you suggested, but for me it really hasn't helped too much... It's OK though, I like to talk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's for the tips!
    I'm pretty new to blogging so this is very helpful.

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helpful tips, Maria! I try to comment on other blogs as much as possible- there are so many fantastic bloggers out there, so I like to show my appreciation! And I always appreciate all of the comments left on my blog- have discovered so many great sites that way as well :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some great tips - I particularly use tip no. 5, although I think there are some bloggers that clearly don't read through your post and are more concerned in promoting their giveaway. I've been to one conference before - it was slightly intimidating but fun nonetheless xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips, Maria! Thanks so much for posting this. I haven't gone to any conferences, though I'm trying to go to a blogger meet-up at the end of August (it's just whether or not I can swing it, financially). I've always felt you are so kind and truly care about your readers.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tips! I haven't really done much connecting with bloggers other than commenting but I would love to.

    Flounces & Hubbub

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips! I'm still fairly new to the blogging world, and I have to say that sponsoring other blogs has made a HUGE difference in the amount of readers we now have. It's such a great way to show support of other blogs you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your last point about commenting on other blogs is so true. Often people just scroll through and look at the photos or read a paragraph and don't leave a comment at all!
    It's so weird because you wouldn't notice your friend in a new dress and not say anything so it's kind of the same thing when it comes to blog comments.

    I loved every suggestion on the list and I really like how you've encouraged bloggers to get together and do something. It's almost a party atmosphere when you do that.

    Samantha
    www.planetbakelife.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each of these are great! I love connecting to people....it is so great when you meet a blogger and become friends with them too!

    TIffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for share this with us ♥

    xo!

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a fairly new blogger, I seriously found this post so helpful! I've found it a bit harder than I had imagined to get plugged into the blogging community. I think I just need to be more bold and willing to reach out! Thanks for the little extra dose of courage and advice. :)

    Lyric
    lyricalbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing, Maria! I just recently discovered your blog, while reading Skunkboy, so networking really works! Now you're one of my daily reads. Posts like this are so helpful and informative for new bloggers.
    <3 Kate

    http://ditzsavant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent tips! I always meant to do some collaborations but kept forgetting. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the tips! attending a conference sounds like so much fun. i am going to keep my ears open!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. leaving comments is also my favorite! i love visiting other blogs and reading about whatever topic they wrote about for the day. it's really fun learning new things and getting to know other people in this way. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the tips! We are (couple with a cat) also new to blogging (3 months now) and an avid reader of blogs myself.

    We would like to do guest blogging (quite difficult as we are so new...) and featuring other bloggers in our blog. Sure, with time we will figure out how to start with this.

    I agree with the comments, also reciving them is a happy moment!

    xx,

    Damaris
    The cat, you and us

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are some of the best tips I've ever read. Great job & thanks for sharing them.

    Xx,
    Rebecca
    www.beckabellastyleinspirations.com

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts