Apr 23, 2015

Asian Cashew Chicken Salad



Usually the words fast food and healthy don't go together. What if I told you that there was a way you could get both? I've always been a huge fan of Wendy's and when they introduced their core salads I knew I had to try them. What is important to me is feeling good about what I am eating and making sure that I give myself time to work out every week. Constantly being on the go makes it very difficult sometimes to find healthy menu items if you decide to eat out.        


This is the Asian Cashew Chicken Salad from Wendy's.  It's a twist on your typical Asian salad with yummy edamame, red peppers, roasted cashews and grilled chicken breast with a light spicy vinaigrette. The chicken was so tender and flavorful, I couldn't believe it was a simple to-go salad. It really tasted like I was eating out somewhere fancy. The cool thing about Wendy's is that they have fresh salads, not "premade" sit in the freezer salads. The lettuce isn't frozen and chopped up, it's cut daily with fresh vegetables in that restaurant. If you want to see the full process watch their "Romaine Lettuce Journey" video here.

I know how important good food is when you're trying to maintain a healthy diet, and I always make sure I have a list of a few places in my mind to go when I want something healthy after my workout. I am so excited to be able to add Wendy's to this list and try a few of their other salads next. My diet is high in protein and fats, but also low in carbs and this salad is perfect for that. The chicken and cashews provide the perfect amount of protein and healthy fat while the rest of the salad is low in carbohydrates.



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Thank you for supporting companies that support Little Tree!
               

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts