Aug 19, 2013

Healthy Living Recipes : Lemon Tuna Salad & Spring Mix



One of my favorite things to make in the summer is tuna salad pitas with a side salad. What's better then that, especially after a good workout? Normally tuna salad is usually made with mayo, but since I don't particularly care of mayonnaise , I decided to channel my inner Greek, which means put olive oil & lemon on everything! Here are the steps to making a delicious & healthy lemon tuna salad pita pocket (say that 5 times fast). 

First, cut your celery, and open up your tuna can! Pour both together into a small-medium sized bowl so you have room for other ingredients.




I use the juice of half of a lemon for one can of tuna, you can use as much or as little as you'd like. I also used about 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, this blends everything together and replaces the mayo in an original tuna salad recipe. Once that's done, heat up your pita, and load it up with the tuna salad you've created. 

I added a spring mix salad on the side because it's the perfect way to spice up any meal. I used a fresh tomato from my Mom's garden for this meal, then sprinkle some feta crumbles, olives and you're all set! I like to add ingredients to my salad instead of using dressing, this equals less calories, and it's tastier!


9 comments:

  1. mmmmm this dish looks so good. I want to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing, but all I can focus on is how big that knife is.

    Mana
    Fashion and Happy Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks delish! i just had tuna today and can't wait to try out this recipe soon.

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dreaminneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so yummy - and anything with lemon makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. I love tuna salad sandwiches. Using lemon sounds like such a delicious change.

    Flounces & Hubbub

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fresh, yummy, and colourful! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMYUM! I use lemon and lime for all meats marinated(except I have not tried it on beef due in part to the fact that I don't eat beef often). Always a great addition to your flavorings.

    xx

    -C.C.

    http://rosecolored-telescope-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delish! I love tuna, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was trying to figure out what to have for lunch, since I REALLY need to go to the grocery store. But problem solved,... I have tuna! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts