Jul 2, 2012

Here Comes The Wrecking Ball


There's something beautiful about carnivals. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but I get all giddy inside when I know I am going to one. One of my best friends Meaghan invited me down to her house to go to the St.Mary's carnival in her town this past weekend. I haven't been to a carnival in ages, and we had so much fun. We played games, went into this crazy fun house (the slide on the way down kicked my butt, I have a huge burn on my arm) and ate a lot of great food. 

I love the appearance of the moon in some of these photos, it just adds to the greatness of everything. I remember being younger, and going to carnivals/fairs and feeling so overwhelmed by everything going on around me. The lights, the smells, the music, everything is so intoxicating, and magical. My favorite rides are the carousel and the ferris wheel, and unfortunately I didn't ride either, but I did have fun regardless.

It's so nice to be doing things and try to get the most out of the summer. A few weeks ago I gave in to being tired and stayed in the whole weekend. I quickly realized I was going to be wasting my summer away if I did that. I must admit I have been pretty bitter about giving up my weekends, but I am trying to make the best of the time I have left. Although it leaves me a little tired, it's worth it. School starts the end of August, which is going to be here so soon! Things with work are still somewhat up in the air, but we'll see what happens, I am trying as hard as I can not to stress about it.

I hope you all had a great, relaxing weekend, and I am excited for what July has to offer. I have a lot of exciting things going on for this little blog and I can't wait to share everything with you guys.

15 comments:

  1. I love the smell of popcorn and the candy floss [cotton candy] at funfairs. Especially when it's at night and all the lights are on. Great way to spend some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for a new month! maria, these photos are striking. there is something magical about the moon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pics, well done my dear!
    Love this so much ^_^
    Yuna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! What lovely photos; so glad you had a good time! A carnival came to our hometown a few weeks earlier, and I came the same conclusions you did. A lot of people complained that it was a dirty, little street fair, but- there's something rather magical about the lights and the joy they bring, the silliness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. I too am OBSESSED with carnivals. And fairs. Oh so childlike and lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. love carnivals! and these pictures are so fun, maria!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carnivals are such a blast! I wish the one we had here was more fun and less shady. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so beautiful! Is a carnival the same as what we in the UK call a fun fair? If so, I love them too! The candyfloss is the best bit!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are gorgeous and really make me want to go to a carnival. Such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these capture the essence of a carnival SO well — thanks for taking us along! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pictures. Looks like real fun
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i haven't been to a carnival in way too long...sigh.
    this post makes me wish...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these pictures, girl, and your post processsing lately! Carnivals and fairs are always ripe with photo ops, aren't they?! Enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg i LOOOVE these photos!! i just posted about carnivals the other day too haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love carnivals! I brought my camera along the last time my husband and I went to one, and they are still some of my favorites! The bright colors, the lights- I agree, there's just something about it :)

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts