Jun 19, 2012

Featured Sponsor: Adrian Loves Owls




Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hi! My name is Adrian and I blog at Adrian Loves Owls. I was born and raised in the Midwest, but moved to the desert about 8 years ago. I currently reside just outside of Phoenix, AZ with my husband and our son. I’m a photographer, vintage lover, and a thrifting queen. I enjoy playing on a kickball team and exhibiting my artwork throughout the Phoenix valley.

How did your blog & shop get started?

Last summer my best friend and I opened an online vintage clothing store together, Superstition Vintage. After blogging on the Superstition Vintage blog for a few months, I discovered how much I loved blogging and decided to start my own blog, Adrian Loves Owls.

What inspires you the most?
My friends and family inspire me the most. I’m surrounded by so many talented and creative people. I feel so fortunate to be part of this tightknit community.



What advice do you have for anyone who is looking to open up their own etsy or online shop?

A piece of advice that I would give to someone interested in starting up their own Etsy shop is to be patient! It takes a lot of time to style, photograph, measure, and post items online. Being organized and having good time management skills helps me stay sane. I don’t have a lot of free time to work on things for the shop so I have to be extremely organized with everything, especially my time. 

What are your future goals & plans, where do you want to be in 5+ years?

If you would have asked me a year ago what my future goals and plans were, I would have said my plans are to get a Master’s degree in Photography, to continue to exhibit my artwork, and to work as a photography professor at a university. I’m not so sure that I want that anymore. I recently discovered my love for blogging, and selling (and hunting for) vintage treasures. I'm enjoying working for myself (Superstition Vintage), on my own time and I may choose to head towards that direction instead. I’m still not sure, but I know that I’m not done learning so a master’s degree is most likely in my future plans.




Get in touch with Adrian:

Blog , Shop , Twitter , Facebook

4 comments:

  1. Very cool interview! Love her style, and love discovering new cool bloggers!
    xL

    http://themarcystop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's just lovely! can't wait to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Adrian is awesome! :) Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these style are amazing. Love it.
    xo, Petra

    take a look on my newest Outfit Post with a pretty Giveaway
    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

share your thoughts